Dear Colloquium 2016 Participant,
We are so glad you'll be joining us for our Tenth Annual James Gamble Rogers II Colloquium featuring Donovan Rypkema on Saturday, May 21, 2016. Following are a few notes to help make your Colloquium experience go smoothly.
REGISTRATION and CHECK-IN: If you are receiving this letter, we will have your name (and the names of any additional people you registered) at check-in. You do not need to bring any printed confirmation or tickets. Check-in begins 9:30 a.m. in the lobby of the Tiedtke Auditorium, located in Keene Hall on the Rollins campus.
PARKING AND TRANSPORTATION:
• Parking for events at Rollins is at the SunTrust Parking Garage on the corner of Park and Lyman Avenues in downtown Winter Park. Scroll down for directions to the Garage from Interstate 4. A map of the whole area is attached. After parking, it is then necessary to cross Fairbanks Avenue and walk a short distance to the Tiedtke Auditorium/ Keene Hall. There will be directional signs posted.
• On entering the garage you should get a parking ticket. PLEASE BRING THAT TICKET WITH YOU TO THE EVENT(S) AND IT WILL BE VALIDATED, so that you don't have to pay for parking. It takes about 5-10 minutes to walk from the SunTrust Garage to Tiedtke Auditorium.
• People with a valid handicapped pass can park in the parking lot behind Keene/ Tiedtke Hall (marked on the attached map).
• The Colloquium is designed so that your car can remain in the parking garage until the end of the day. There will be a break for lunch from about 11:30 - 12:30. If you arranged to have lunch with us, we will direct you to the Skillman Dining Hall. If you are having lunch on your own, please see the link below. The Grande Dames Tour of Homes features four homes in different city neighborhoods. Mears Transportation will be providing shuttle service between the homes, and will be leaving from the corner of Holt and Chase Avenues (see attached map) promptly at 12:30.
HOTELS AND RESTAURANTS:
• Here is a link for Winter Park restaurants within walking distance of the Colloquium: Winter Park Cafes and Restaurants
• If you wish to stay overnight in Winter Park, we recommend the Alfond Inn or the Park Plaza Hotel both within walking distance of Rollins. Finally, the morning session of the Colloquium is accessible to anyone with mobility challenges, but the afternoon house tour is best for those who don't mind some walking. Please wear comfortable shoes! Because these are private homes, we regret that they are not wheelchair accessible.
Don't hesitate to e-mail Betsy Owens with questions or concerns:
We'll see you May 21! Best Regards,The Friends of Casa Feliz
DIRECTIONS TO THE SUNTRUST PARKING GARAGE FROM INTERSTATE 4: From Interstate 4 (either East or West), take the Fairbanks Exit 87 in Winter Park. Proceed EAST on Route 426 (Fairbanks Avenue), toward Winter Park and Rollins College, for approximately 1.7 miles. Turn LEFT onto New York Avenue (there is a light at this intersection). Proceed about 2 blocks, and then turn RIGHT onto Lyman Avenue. Proceed two blocks (crossing Park Avenue) and then look for the Parking Garage on your right, just past The Gap. If you get to Interlachen Avenue, you've gone too far. (see attached map).