Career Opportunities at Casa Feliz
The Board of Directors of the Friends of Casa Feliz is currently seeking qualified candidates for the Executive Director of the Casa Feliz Historic Home Museum.
The Executive Director (ED) reports to the Board of Directors of the Friends of Casa Feliz. The ED develops and maintains donor relationships, including fundraising; plans and oversees events; and supports community advocacy regarding historic preservation. The Executive Director serves at the will and pleasure of the Board of Directors, and is charged with implementing the decisions made and policies created by the Board.
• Private Donor Fundraising: The ED shall nurture donor relationships and act as philanthropic leader for Casa Feliz, presenting the Home to potential donors and appropriately thanking donors for gifting to Casa. The ED shall develop strategies for long-term major gifts as well as nearer term minor gifts. A key component of this effort will be updating and maintenance of donor and prospect databases.
• Membership program: The ED is responsible for cultivating Members of Casa Feliz as a means for securing regular and ongoing donations as well as the following responsibilities:
– Coordinating and leading annual membership drives
– Acknowledging members’ contributions to Casa Feliz
– Creating value for membership
– Keeping an up-to-date, current list of active Casa Feliz Members
• Grant solicitation: The ED is responsible for investigating and applying for grants.
• Grant maintenance: The ED shall make sure all grant reporting is completed in a timely fashion.
• Public Fundraising: The ED shall seek opportunities for local, state, and federal grants that help further the mission of Casa Feliz, coordinate grant applications, and then manage grant disbursement and reporting.
• Public Relations: The ED shall lead and manage public relations efforts regarding Historic Preservation advocacy. ED shall also lead the promotion of Casa events, represent Casa Feliz at community groups related its mission, and coordinate marketing and public relations efforts to ensure a consistent voice of the organization based on Casa Feliz’s mission.
• The ED shall be responsible for the creation of print and digital communications for marketing and public relations including print collateral such as newsletters and brochures, digital media such as blog posts, and press releases for programs and events. ED is responsible for maintaining the list of Casa media contacts.
• ED shall oversee all Casa Feliz staff and is responsible for annual staff evaluation, recommending compensation to the Board; reviewing job descriptions annually, overseeing daily duties, and communicating with staff.
• ED is responsible for hiring and management of all sub-contractors. Tasks such as grant writing and maintenance, copywriting, graphic design, etc. may be subcontracted.
• ED is responsible for protecting and preserving the integrity of the Historic Home and grounds.
• Makes day-to-day spending decisions in coordination with Board budgets and delegation of spending authority.
• Sends Board of Directors packet including financial reports to board at least four days prior to scheduled board meetings and reports on financial matters.
• Spending by ED is authorized for budgeted items. Non-budgeted items exceeding this amount will require Board or Executive Committee approval.
STRATEGIC PLANNING/BOARD SUPPORT
• Collaborates with Board Chair to prepare and set agenda for board meetings.
• Lends practical input to board’s strategic planning process.
• Attends all board meetings; makes recommendations from a management perspective; helps implement strategies and policies set by board.
• Works with the board to recruit volunteers who will support the endeavors of the Friends of Casa Feliz.
• Oversees periodic review of bylaws.
• Relevant executive experience working with a board of directors and leading a staff; executive experience in a non-profit environment.
• Exceptional skills in development, fundraising, marketing and financial management.
• Experience in successful grant development and writing.
• Strong skills in written and verbal communication and organization.
• Possess an entrepreneurial spirit, including the capacity to develop innovative strategies for income generation, audience-building, and programming.
• Possess the capacity to develop and maintain positive relationships with members, donors, and community constituents.
• Possess a strong work ethic and high level of energy.
Send a letter of interest, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information by email to email@example.com. Position will remain open until filled; however, it is the desire of the Search Committee to have an approved candidate ready to assume the position by summer of 2017.