The Friends of Casa Feliz
There's No Place Like Home: Art Inspired by Winter Park's Historic Architecture
There’s No Place Like Home: Art Inspired by Winter Park’s Historic Architecture is a juried art exhibit open to artists of all mediums. Artwork will be considered which best evokes a sense of Winter Park’s historic architecture. The artist may be inspired by either an existing structure, or one that has vanished and is remembered only in photos, drawings, and people’s memories.
Ena Heller, the Bruce A. Beal Director of the Cornell Fine Arts Museum, will judge the entries and award First, Second, and Third Prizes to art. The work will be displayed at Casa Feliz for the public to select a People’s Choice Award winner from the remaining art. This award will be announced after the first week.
The judge will award prizes as follows:
One “People’s Choice” will be awarded at the amount of $100. (Art not receiving Judge’s award will be eligible for People’s Choice).
First Prize - $300
Second Prize - $200
Third Prize - $100
1. Wall-hung art must not exceed 36” wide x 36” high total physical dimensions, including frame, up to 20 lb.
2. Pedestal pieces must not exceed 18” x 18” x 72” total height including pedestal (artist to provide pedestal). For general questions about the art exhibit, please contact Betsy Owens at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instructions to Artists
November 15, 2014 – Deadline for Entries
1. FILL OUT THE ENTRY FORM HERE and pay the entry fee by check, VISA, MasterCard, Discover or American Express. Entry fee $10.00 per submittal. Please contact Angela Roark at email@example.com for questions regarding the entry form.
2. Multiple entries may be submitted using one form. A title for each piece of artwork must be listed on the entry form.
3. One (1) high-resolution jpg image is required for each piece of art. Email your jpg image(s) to Richard Reep, Chairperson at firstname.lastname@example.org. The image title must match the art’s title.
December 1, 2014 - Artists notified of acceptance via email
January 3, 2015 - Deliver art to Casa Feliz between 2pm and 5pm
January 8, 2015 - Evening reception will be held to announce the Judge’s awards
January 10, 2015 - Community reception event will be held from 1-3pm that will be free and open to the public
January 18, 2015 - Last day of show
All art will be for sale. Friends of Casa Feliz will handle the sale and take a 20% commission, with the artist retaining 80%. Sold work will remain up for the duration of the show and the buyer/artist must remove it on January 19, 2015. Artist proceeds will be provided as a check to the artist on or before January 31, 2015.